Once an application to become a PACES Examiner has been approved, the applicant will be invited to train. Please see below for more information on the training process.
Preparation for training
Please prepare for your training day by:
- downloading and printing the trainee examiner pack - please take it with you to the centre on the day
- reading the latest version of the PACES examiner omnibus
- watching the PACES examiner videos
- familiarising yourself with the sample marksheets and calibration sheets.
Watch the PACES examiner videos to find out what happens during the exam.
Training day information
Remember to check the start and end times with the centre, typical timetables are available in the PACES timetables document. You will need to observe three cycles to complete your training.
At the end of the day, please complete the trainee examiner forms and ensure they are signed by the host and chair. Please give the forms to the centre so they can return them to the relevant college.
- For UK training, all UK travel, meal (excluding alcohol) and accommodation expenses related to examining are covered. Unfortunately, travel from outside the UK into the UK is not covered for any examiner. For more information on finance policies please contact the relevant college.
- Training qualifies for CPD points.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with your college.