The Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK – and the trainees, patients and health services – rely on hundreds of physicians to deliver examinations that are truly world class.
It is crucial to ensure the examinations are shaped by physicians who reflect NHS medicine at its best. Our leadership must also be representative of the workforce, in terms of gender, ethnic diversity, age, specialties and experience.
We are always looking for new recruits to join this dynamic and professional team.
We offer the opportunity to:
- Network with colleagues across different specialties
- Keep your knowledge up-to-date
- Take part in challenging discussions with like-minded colleagues
- Become involved with the next generation of physicians
- Shape the future of the profession
- Gain continuing professional development.
Exam roles vary to suit interest and time commitments but all come with the dedicated support of the staff in the examinations departments and central office.
The eligibility criteria for these roles are:
- Member or Fellow of one of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom
- GMC registered with a licence to practise and in good standing
- Currently involved in training with at least 2 years' experience
- Up-to-date with employer appraisal process
- Up-to-date with equality and diversity training
- Physicians interested in, but not necessarily expert in, medical assessment.
For more details please see the Remit and Responsibilities document.
Training and support
All volunteers are trained through a formal induction programme and receive the support of the staff in the examinations departments and central office throughout their involvement in the exams. Advice on where to access equality and diversity training can be obtained from the examinations office of your parent college.
How to apply
To register your expression of interest please complete the online form.
If you are interested in becoming a PACES examiner or joining one of the Question Writing Groups, more information can be found here:
Member of the Geriatric Medicine Specialty Certificate Examination Standard Setting Group
|2 December 2016|