We rely on hundreds of physicians to volunteer their time to help deliver our world class examinations and we are always looking for new recruits to join this dynamic and professional team.
All volunteers are trained through a formal induction programme and receive support from our staff throughout their involvement in the exams. Roles vary to suit interest and time commitments.
Benefits of working with us:
- Network with colleagues across different specialties
- Keep knowledge up-to-date
- Take part in challenging discussions with like-minded colleagues
- Become involved with the next generation of physicians
- Shape the future of the profession
- Gain continuing professional development.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A member or fellow of one of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom
- GMC registered with a licence to practise and in good standing
- Currently involved in training with at least two years' experience
- Up-to-date with employer appraisal process
- Up-to-date with equality and diversity training
- Physicians interested in, but not necessarily expert in, medical assessment.
For more details please see the Remit and Responsibilities document.
How to apply
To register your expression of interest please complete the online form. If you are interested in becoming a PACES examiner or joining one of the Question Writing Groups, more information can be found here:
|Role information||Job description||Closing date|
|Neurology SCE Board Chair||Role and Responsibilities||13 March 2020|
|Member of the Neurology Specialty Certificate Examining Board||Role and Responsibilities||13 March 2020|
|Dermatology Specialty Certificate Examination Board Chair||Role and Responsibilities||20 March 2020|
|SCE Examining Board Chair for Rheumatology||Role and Responsibilities||20 March 2020|
|SWG* (1) consultant member in Stroke Medicine||Role and Responsibilities||20 March 2020|
|SWG* (2) consultant members in Dermatology, Rheumatology, Respiratory, Haematology,Palliative Medicine||Role and Responsibilities||20 March 2020|
|SWG* trainee member||Role and Responsibilities||20 March 2020|
|Neurology Specialty Certificate Standard Setting Group - two members||Role and Responsibilities||17 April 2020|
*SWG - Scenario Writing Group