Part 1 examinations
- The next diet of Part 1 will be on 12 January 2021; to be offered once again as a hybrid model, with candidates sitting it in both standard paper and in online format in the UK.
- For international candidates, the January diet will largely remain paper-based. However, we recognise that many international candidates need to pass Part 1 for career progression in their respective countries. With this in mind, we are looking at alternative solutions for those candidates, including a possible online option, in those specific countries. Further details on this will be released soon.
Part 2 examinations
- Results for the Part 2 diet which ran on 27th October are due for release at the end of November. We will make every effort to release the results on time, however due to the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in due to COVID, and as a result running both paper and online exams which entails significant extra work in results analysis, there may be an unavoidable delay in releasing the results. We will keep candidates informed closer to the time should that be the case.
- The next diet of Part 2 will take place on 23 March 2021. This is again planned to be run in hybrid form (both paper and online formats) in the UK. Internationally it will remain largely paper-based; but as for Part 1, we will be looking to provide alternative solutions for international candidates who require Part 2 for career progression in their countries, which may include an online option. Further details will be provided when available.
Specialty Certificate Exams / European Specialty Exams
Candidates whose exams have been cancelled due to local Covid-19 restrictions will be offered a backup exam. Plans for this are being developed, and details will be released when available.
Still to come between now and the end of 2020 are the SCEs in:
- Acute Medicine (11 November)
- Palliative Medicine (11 November)
- Neurology (18 November)
- Endocrinology & Diabetes (9 December)
Live Twitter chats
Live Q&A sessions about the written exams occur on our Twitter account every second Tuesday afternoon at 3pm (GMT) . We have included items which have previously come up into our FAQs, so please check the website first.
We welcome feedback. If you have specific queries relating to your exam day please contact us here.
For other general queries or suggestions please email Policy.Officer@mrcpuk.org.