Part 1 examinations
- Results for the contingency exam for the Part 1 exam which ran on 10 November will be released during the course of this week.
- The next diet of Part 1 will be on 12 January 2021.
- In the UK, this will once again be offered as a hybrid model, with candidates being given the choice to sit it either in standard paper or in online format.
- MRCP(UK) is working to move delivery of written examinations online during 2021. As part of this, we are making a small number of places available to sit the January diet of the Part 1 exam online to candidates based outside of the UK. This is part of the development process to enable us to test the delivery method. These will be offered initially to candidates in training programmes supported by the Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK, and some countries where passing the examination is required to progress through training. We will be contacting eligible candidates about this directly. More spaces will made available in later diets during 2021.
- A backup exam will be arranged for candidates affected by written centre cancellations or by technical issues with the online exam. The date of this will be announced soon.
Part 2 examinations
- Results for the Part 2 diet which ran on 27 October are due for release on 27 November. At present we do not anticipate any delays to this, but we would draw candidates’ attention to the increased pressures on MRCP(UK) office staff due to COVID and to running both paper and online exams (with consequently significant extra work in results analysis). If any last minute delays occur as a result, we will notify candidates as soon as possible.
- The online backup exam, for UK candidates who had their venue places cancelled or who experienced significant technical issues during the online exam in October, will run on 8 December.
- The next diet of Part 2 will take place on 23 March 2021. This is again planned to be run in hybrid form (both paper and online formats) in the UK and selected international centres, as outlined above for the January diet of Part 1
Specialty Certificate Exams / European Specialty Exams
- Candidates whose exams have been cancelled due to local Covid-19 restrictions will be offered a backup exam. Plans for this are being developed for each specialty, and details will be released specialty by specialty when available.
- The next exams will be the SCE in Endocrinology & Diabetes and the European Board Examination in Endocrincology, Diabetes and Metabolism (EBEEDM), which will run on 9 December.
- All SCE / ESE exams for 2021 are currently planned to run as scheduled, in Pearson Vue centres; details for each specialty can be found at …https://www.mrcpuk.org/mrcpuk-examinations/specialty-certificate-examina...
Live Twitter chats
Live Q&A sessions about the written exams occur on our Twitter account every second Tuesday afternoon at 3pm (GMT). The next one will occur on Tuesday 1 December.
We welcome feedback. If you have specific queries relating to your exam day please contact the exams office at your College of entry.
For other general queries or suggestions please email Policy.Officer@mrcpuk.org.