The Association of Palliative Medicine and the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK are seeking to appoint a member to the Palliative Medicine SCE Standard Setting Group.
Further information and a full list of the post’s responsibilities is set out in the remit and responsibilities of the examining board can be found here.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- hold the MRCP(UK) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma
- be practising as a specialist in palliative medicine, and a member or fellow of one of the three Colleges
- be registered with a licence to practise and in good standing on the GMC specialist register
- be actively engaged in the training of junior doctors in the UK (or within the last two years)
- be up-to-date as appropriate with relevant national guidelines, CPD requirements, employer’s equality and diversity training and appraisal process
In addition it is a requirement for members of the Palliative Medicine SCE Standard Setting Group that they fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- be a member of the Question Writing Group or the appropriate Examining Board
- have considerable knowledge of the examination
- have experience of standard setting and question writing in an academic environment
- have an understanding of the principles behind criterion referencing and the Hofstee method, statistical methods used and interpretation of analyses performed on individual items
This is a non-salaried position though all reasonable expenses and travel costs will be met by MRCP(UK) Central Office in line with the Federation expenses policy. The tenure of the appointment is five years.
Expressions of interest (including a brief CV and a maximum of a single side single of A4 outlining your suitability for the post) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 4 January 2019.
The next Palliative Medicine Standard Setting Group will take place on 27 and 28 June 2019 and the successful applicant will be required to attend. The Palliative Medicine Standard Setting Group will take place at Royal College of Physicians of London.