The Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK is seeking to appoint a consultant Neurologist to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Examining Board.
The successful applicants will assist the Chair and Medical Secretary in the running of the Part 2 Examination to ensure that all academic objectives and standards set by the General Medical Council are met; attend meetings of the Board three times per year, convened to set examination papers; review candidate performance in the most recent diet; assist with the development of the Part 2 Examination; act on the advice of the MRCP(UK) Management Board and Examining Boards on policy and academic matters relating to the Examinations; and support MRCP(UK) Central Office on the delivery of the Examinations.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- hold the MRCP(UK) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma
- be practising as a specialist in Neurology and a member or fellow of one of the three Colleges
- be registered with a licence to practise and in good standing on the GMC specialist register
- be actively engaged in the training of junior doctors in the UK (or within the last two years)
- be up-to-date as appropriate with relevant national guidelines, CPD requirements, employer’s equality and diversity training and appraisal process
These are non-salaried positions though applicants should note all reasonable expenses and travel costs will be met by Central Office in line with the Federation expenses policy.
The tenure of board appointments is five years. Attendance at meetings is monitored and members may be asked to step down if they fail to attend regularly.
More information can be found here.
Applications for the post, including a CV and one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for a post should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March 2019.
All applications will be considered by a panel consisting of the Chair and representatives of the Examining Board.
Successful applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting of the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Examining Board takes place on 21 and 22 May 2019 at the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh to observe. They would then formally take up their positions on the Board at the meeting on 8 and 9 October 2019 at the Royal College of Physicians of London.