The Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK is seeking to appoint a consultant Dermatologist, an Endocrinologist, a Gastroenterologist and a Geriatrician to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Examining Board.
The successful applicants will assist the Chair and Medical Secretary in the running of the Part 2 Examination to ensure that all academic objectives and standards set by the General Medical Council are met; attend meetings of the Board three times per year, convened to set examination papers; review candidate performance in the most recent diet; assist with the development of the Part 2 Examination; act on the advice of the MRCP(UK) Management Board and Examining Boards on policy and academic matters relating to the Examinations; and support MRCP(UK) Central Office on the delivery of the Examinations.
A full list of the posts’ responsibilities is set out in: The Responsibilities and Duties of Members of the Part 1, Part 2 and Speciality Certificate Examining Boards. In addition a copy of the remit and responsibilities of the examining board can be found on the MRCP(UK) website.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- hold the MRCP(UK) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma
- be practising as a specialist in one of the specialty areas (Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics) and a member or fellow of one of the three Colleges
- be registered with a licence to practise and in good standing on the GMC specialist register
- be actively engaged in the training of junior doctors in the UK (or within the last two years)
- be up-to-date as appropriate with relevant national guidelines, CPD requirements, employer’s equality and diversity training and appraisal process
These are non-salaried positions though applicants should note all reasonable expenses and travel costs will be met by MRCP(UK) Central Office in line with the Federation expenses policy.
The tenure of board appointments is five years. Attendance at meetings is monitored and members may be asked to step down if they fail to attend regularly.
Applications for the post, including a CV and one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for a post should be submitted to Spenser Gibson (email@example.com) by 01 September 2017.
All applications will be considered by a panel consisting of the Chair and representatives of the Examining Board.
Successful applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting of the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Examining Board takes place on Thursday 1 and Friday 2 February 2018 at the Royal College of Physicians, London to observe. They would then formally take up their positions on the Board at the meeting on Tuesday 22 May and Wednesday 23 May 2018 at the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh.