Due to a higher number of applications than expected for UK PACES centres in the 2023/1 diet, MRCP(UK) regretfully will need to reintroduce the prioritisation criteria listed below for allocating places.
MRCP(UK) and the three Royal Colleges of Physicians’ examination teams are currently working on verifying the status of candidates who have applied. All candidates who applied will be contacted next week to confirm whether they have received a place.
Candidates who have been allocated to Category 4 will be offered the opportunity to join a waiting list and take up places if they become available.
If you feel that you have been allocated to the wrong category, please contact the relevant college administrative office.
UK PACES Prioritisation criteria for 2023/1 diet
There will be four broad prioritisation categories (see below) for allocating candidates living and working in the UK to available PACES places.
- In IMY3/ST3/ACCS CT3 (as of September 2022)
- 2022/3 candidates in UK centres who were cancelled due to a COVID related reason
- In IMY2/ACCS CT2 (as of September 2022) with a pass in Part 2 written at time of application
- Completed CMT at any time with a pass in Part 2 written at time of application
- In IMY2/ACCS CT2 (as of September 2022) without a pass in Part 2 written at time of application
- Completed CMT at any time without a pass in Part 2 written at time of application
- Those who are not in a recognised UK training post, but who are intending to apply for Higher Specialty Training in 2022 with a valid Alternative Certificate*. Please note that candidates will be required to provide evidence of their alternative certificate before they are allocated a place in the examination.
- In IMY1/ACCS CT1 as of September 2022
- All other UK based applicants.
*See the HEE Physician Higher Specialty Training Recruitment website for full details of the requirements for alternative certificate.