Specialty Certificate Examinations
The specialty pages provide more information about each of the 12 specialties, including examination dates, sample questions and resources.
The SCEs are available in:
- Acute Medicine
- Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Specialty Examination in Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Geriatric Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Oncology
- European Specialty Examination in Nephrology
- Palliative Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
Note to international candidates
An awareness of the content of UK national guidelines such as the following used in clinical practice should form part of the preparation for these examinations:
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
Five specialities, Acute Medicine, Endocrinology & Diabetes, Geriatric Medicine, Neurology and Rheumatology, may also include questions about the driving laws in the UK and candidates are expected to be familiar with these laws. Please see the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) website for more details.
Candidates taking the SCE in Endocrinology and Diabetes should also be aware of the third European directive on driving which was due to be implemented in January 2013.