This information is designed to give candidates who will be sitting an exam centre based Part 1 exam guidance as to what to expect, both before the exam and on the day itself. If you are sitting the exam online in the UK, please click here.
Before the exam day:
- The online practice test can be taken here. Please click 'ok' on the first page, 'yes' on the second page and 'confirm' on the following page and accept the terms
- Read the FAQs regarding the new delivery format here
- Check the location of your exam venue, detailed on your admission document
- Plan your route to the venue, leaving plenty time for any possible transport delays
- Print a copy of your admission document
- Check that the name on your admission document matches the name on the forms of ID you will present at the examination
- Contact MRCP(UK) with any name discrepancy queries well in advance of the examination day
- Re-read the MRCP(UK) Regulations, in particular Sections 4 - Candidate responsibilites and 6 - Attendance at the MRCP(UK) Part 1 and Part 2 Written Examinations.
On the exam day:
- Arrive at the venue at the reporting time detailed on your admission document
- Be at your desk at least 15 minutes before Paper 2 is due to start
- Be prepared to store any bags, coats and electronic devices (including mobile phones and pagers) away from your desk
- Food is not allowed to be consumed during the exam unless it has been prearranged
- Bring appropriate warm clothing as we may not be able to regulate the examination venue temperature to suit all requirements
- Ensure you bring lunch refreshments, as appropriate. You may not be able to buy any close to the exam venue
- Be prepared to show your ID before the start of each paper
- Listen to and follow all instructions given by the Chief Invigilator
- Leave all stationery on your desk when each paper ends
- Remain quiet when leaving as other candidates may still be working.
On the exam day do not:
- Bring any stationery or calculators to the examination, as we supply all required stationery - 2B pencil, pencil sharpener and eraser
- Write any notes on your admission document
- Wear a hood during the exam, as you will be asked to remove it by the Chief Invigilator.