The MRCP(UK) Part 2 written exam can be taken by physicians in training who have passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 exam. It builds on the knowledge assessed in Part 1 and tests the acquisition of a representative sample of medical knowledge, skills and behaviour as specified in the UK Specialty Training Curriculum for Core Medical Training / Curriculum for Internal Medicine.
Since 2018, the exam now consists of two, three hour papers each with 100 questions. Click here for more information.
The exam will test your ability to apply clinical understanding, make clinical judgements and take responsibility for:
- prioritising diagnostic or problem lists
- planning investigation
- selecting a plan for immediate management
- selecting a plan for long-term management
- assessing prognosis.
The exam at a glance
- two papers taken on one day
- papers last three hours
- 100 multiple choice questions (best of five) per paper
- questions include images
- sat in an examination hall.
To apply and find out when the exams run:
Sign up here for more information on application periods as well as info/tips on revision/preparation resources and more.