The MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Examination can be taken by physicians in training who have passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination. It builds on the knowledge assessed in Part 1 and tests the acquisition of a representative sample of medical knowledge, skills and behaviour as specified in the UK Specialty Training Curriculum for Core Medical Training.
The MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Examination will test the ability to apply clinical understanding, make clinical judgements and take responsibility for:
- prioritising diagnostic or problem lists
- planning investigation
- selecting a plan for immediate management
- selecting a plan for long-term management
- assessing prognosis.
Part 2 Written at a glance
- three papers taken over two days
- papers last three hours
- 270 multiple choice questions (best of five)
- questions include images
- sat in an examination hall.
To apply and find out when the exams run:
Click here to get alerts on the opening of application periods as well as info/tips on revision/preparation resources and more!