To find out how to open a MyMRCP(UK) online account watch our video.
Main stages to applying:
- Log into your My MRCP(UK) account
- Check that all your personal details are up-to-date, a correspondence address is mandatory when completing your application.
- Fill in details about whether you are training in the UK or not
- Choose a centre where you would like to take the examination
- Complete any special arrangements where applicable
- Pay for the examination.
- Once your application is submitted, you will now be assigned an RCP code
- You will need to provide evidence of your primary medical qualification (PMQ) and send it to PMQ@mrcpuk.org along with your RCP code.
For details on how to apply online watch this video:
If you are unable to make an application online, please contact the team and request for a paper application form. Previously saved or stored paper applications will not be accepted.
If you are applying to sit the examination in Hong Kong, further details of how to make an application can be found here.
Completing your application
When you apply for the Part 1 examination for the first time you will be required to submit evidence of your primary medical qualification. If your payment fails at the time of your application you will also need to provide payment by following the instructions below.
Copies of qualifications will only be accepted once a registration period is open and candidates have submitted an online application. Any qualifications sent before the relevant opening date will not be processed.
Primary medical qualification (PMQ)
This evidence will take the form of an authenticated copy of your diploma of primary medical qualification (PMQ). This document can be scanned and emailed to the Part 1 administration team. Please send to PMQ@mrcpuk.org and ensure you quote your RCP Number.
If you have a UK General Medical Council provisional or full registration you will need to submit you registration number at the time of application.
If you are registered with the GMC, you do not need to provide a scanned copy of your qualification unless requested.
Submission of documentary evidence of primary medical qualification
Photocopies of certificates and/or official translations (in English)* will be accepted only if they have been prepared and authenticated by one of the following:
- issuing University or Medical School
- a British Consulate or British Council outside the UK
- British Embassy
- British High Commission
- candidate’s own Embassy
- High Commission in the UK
- a member of the Gardai in the Irish Republic
- Government Ministries of Health
- The Department of Health
- The Higher Education Commission
- a notary public/Justice of the Peace
- a Fellow or Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians or a Chair of the Examining Board of the awarding body (verification of the Fellow or Member will be sought to ensure that they are affiliated with the issuing University/Medical School and the authenticated copy should be submitted with the authenticator’s full name, their Royal Colleges of Physicians code and an accompanying official stamp or letter from that Fellow, Member or Chair).
* You must submit an authenticated translation of you primary medical degree certificate if it is not originally in English. It should have a fresh ink stamp on the front, also in English. If we are unable to clearly see who has attested the document, you will be asked to provide a new copy.
The Colleges reserve the right to request to see the original documents if there is any doubt as to the authenticity of the submitted copies of documents.
When you register to take an examination, you should scan and send your documents to: PMQ@mrcpuk.org, we no longer accept documents via post; these must be sent electronically.
- The Subject Line of your email should contain ‘Primary Medical Qualification’ and your RCP code number
- Attach scanned copies of your forms and documents. You can review the Help instructions of your email program to learn how to attach files.
- Images must be in PDF or JPEG file format and not password protected.
- The resolution must be good enough to clearly show all text, images, markings, and seals visible on the original physical document
- Be sure to include all pages of multi-page documents and both sides of double-sided documents
- Emails should not be more than 2MB in size. If you have multiple forms and documents to send us, you should consider sending more than one email.
- Zip files cannot be accepted.
- If a scanned document image is not acceptable, you will be requested to submit a new, higher quality scanned image, or the original document by post.
Due to the large amount of primary medical qualifications received during an application period, it may take up to 4 weeks after the close of the application period to process your qualification.
How to pay
Follow the guide to make payment attempt online via your MyMRCP account using a credit/debit card:
If you are unable to pay via MyMRCP account, contact the central office. You may be able to make a payment over the phone. You will need to provide the 16 digit card number, expiry date (month/year) and the 3 digit security code (on the back of the card). Payments will be processed using a secure payment system and card details will not be stored by MRCP(UK).
In order to comply with UK law we cannot accept credit/debit card details sent in emails/via the contact form on this website, either in the body text or as attachments. If you do send card details in this manner it is entirely at your own risk. Card details received in emails or as attachments will be immediately deleted and payments will not be actioned. Card payment can only be made online via the application system or by telephone.
Candidates with constraints on their practice should complete an online declaration form as soon as possible.