Find out how to apply online
To find out how to open a My MRCP(UK) online account watch our video.
Main stages to applying:
- Log into your My MRCP(UK) account
- Check that all your personal details are up-to-date. You will need to provide evidence of your primary medical qualification. Submit this to your administrative office following these instructions.
- Fill in details about whether you are training in the UK or not
- Choose a centre where you would like to take the examination
- Complete any special arrangements where applicable
- Pay for the examination.
For details on how to apply online watch this video:
If you are unable to make an application online, please contact the relevant College of Entry and request for a paper application form. Previously saved or stored paper applications will not be accepted, you must contact the relevant College of Entry for the most recent version.
If you are applying to sit the examination in Hong Kong, further details of how to make an application can be found here.
Completing your application
When you apply for the Part 1 examination for the first time you will be required to submit evidence of your primary medical qualification. If your payment fails at the time of your application you will also need to provide payment by following the instructions below.
Please note that copies of qualifications will only be accepted once a registration period is open and candidates have submitted an online application. Any qualifications sent before the relevant opening date will not be processed.
Primary medical qualification
This evidence will take the form of an authenticated copy of your diploma of primary medical qualification (PMQ). This document can be scanned and emailed to the Part 1 administration team.
Candidates with a UK General Medical Council provisional or full registration will need to submit their registration number at the time of application.
Candidates registered with the GMC do not need to provide a scanned copy of their qualification unless requested by MRCP(UK) central office.
Submission of documentary evidence of primary medical qualfication
Photocopies of certificates and/or official translations (in English)* will be accepted only if they have been prepared and authenticated by one of the following:
- issuing University or Medical School
- a British Consulate or British Council outside the UK
- British Embassy
- British High Commission
- candidate’s own Embassy
- High Commission in the UK
- a member of the Gardai in the Irish Republic
- Government Ministries of Health
- a notary public
- a Fellow or Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians or a Chair of the Examining Board of the awarding body (verification of the Fellow or Member will be sought to ensure that they are affiliated with the issuing University/Medical School and the authenticated copy should be submitted with the authenticator’s full name, their Royal Colleges of Physicians code and an accompanying official stamp or letter from that Fellow, Member or Chair).
* Candidates must submit an authenticated translation if their primary medical degree certificate is not in English. A fresh ink stamp, in English, must be used to authenticate the copy or translation of the primary medical qualification.
Any stamps/signatures must be made on the front of the certificate and in English. If we are unable to clearly see who as attested the document, you will be asked to provide a new attestation stamp.
The Colleges reserve the right to request to see the original documents if there is any doubt as to the authenticity of the submitted copies of documents.
Scan and email your documents to the relevant administration office, using the following guidelines:
All candidates who register to take examinations in the international centres should scan and send their documents to: PMQ@mrcpuk.org
Candidates who register with London Administrative office (covering Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, London, Oxford, and Southampton, ) should scan and email documents to: PMQ@mrcpuk.org
Candidates who register with Edinburgh Administrative office (covering Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Leicester, Manchester, Newcastle, and Sheffield) should scan and email documents to: email@example.com
Candidates who register with Glasgow Administrative office (covering Belfast, Glasgow, Leeds, and Liverpool) should scan and email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) in the United Kingdom do not need to send their Primary Medical Qualifications. They will automatically have their qualifications verified via the GMC upon providing correct GMC number.
- The Subject Line of your email should contain ‘Primary Medical Qualification’ and your RCP code number
- Attach scanned copies of your forms and documents. You can review the Help instructions of your email program to learn how to attach files.
- Images must be in PDF or JPEG file format and not password protected.
- The resolution must be good enough to clearly show all text, images, markings, and seals visible on the original physical document
- Be sure to include all pages of multi-page documents and both sides of double-sided documents
- Emails should not be more than 2MB in size. If you have multiple forms and documents to send us, you should consider sending more than one email.
- Zip files cannot be accepted.
- If a scanned document image is not acceptable, you will be requested to submit a new, higher quality scanned image, or the original document by post.
Please note due to the large amount of primary medical qualifications received during an application period, it may take up to 4 weeks after the close of the application period to process your qualification.
How to pay
This guide will show you how to make multiple payment attempts.
You can opt to pay using the options below:
You can opt to pay using the options below. If paying via a credit/debit card, you can now log back into your MyMRCP account at later date to make payment of the examination fee.
To make a payment over the phone you will need to provide the 16 digit card number, expiry date (month/year) and the 3 digit security code (on the back of the card). Please contact the relevant administrative office to give your card details over the phone. Payments will be processed using a secure payment system and card details will not be stored by MRCP(UK).
Please note that in order to comply with UK law we cannot accept credit/debit card details sent in emails/via the contact form on this website, either in the body text or as attachments. If you do send card details in this manner it is entirely at your own risk. Card details received in emails or as attachments will be immediately deleted and payments will not be actioned. Card payment can only be made online via the application system or by telephone.
Please ensure all cheques and bank drafts are drawn on a UK bank and are made payable to ‘The Royal College of Physicians’. You may pay by any of the methods listed above regardless of the option which you selected at the time of your application.
London College and MRCP(UK) central office
Candidates with constraints on their practice should complete an online declaration form as soon as possible.