How to prepare for your PACES examination day
This information is designed to help you prepare for the day of the examination and to find out what happens on the day itself.
Before the examination day
- Review the MRCP(UK) PACES regulations
- Print a copy of your admission documents
- Check the details on your admission document
- Plan your route to the test centre leaving plenty time for any possible transport delays
- Ensure you bring photographic identification with you on the examination day; MRCP(UK) Central Office specifies appropriate ID to be an official document which contains your full name, signature and photograph. For more details see the FAQ.
- Make sure the name on your admission document matches the name on the forms of ID you will present at the examination; contact MRCP(UK) with any name discrepancy queries well in advance of examination date.
- Confirm leave or cover arrangements.
On the day - pre-examination
- Arrive at the test centre at least 1 hour before the examination is due to start; refer to the reporting time on your admission document.
- Be prepared to store any bags, coats and electronic devices (including mobile phones and pagers) in a separate room.
- Declare any personal medical equipment to the host before the start of the examination. Please note the host centre will supply all required medical equipment.
- Dress appropriately - in a smart and conservative manner, in accordance with any dress code in force at the hospital where the exam is being held.