The MRCP(UK) Management Board offers a financial concession to doctors with refugee status who wish to pursue the MRCP(UK) Examination.
The concession is offered in respect to the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination only and for eligible doctors permits a reduced fee of £50 for entry to the examination. The concession is applicable only where the exams are taken at UK centres.
Doctors with the following status qualify for the concession:
- Those who have been given indefinite leave to remain in the UK with refugee status. Those who have been given refugee status and who are recognised as a refugee under the 1951 UN Convention
- Those who have been given indefinite leave to remain in the UK with refugee status
- Those who have been given exceptional leave to remain in the UK
- Those with exceptional leave to remain (granted prior to 1 April 2003)
- Those with humanitarian protection (granted on or after 1 April 2003).
(NB: Since April 2003 a category of ‘exceptional leave’ no longer exists. The Home Office has replaced this category with Humanitarian Protection and Discretionary leave to remain.)
In order for a concession to be granted, doctors must provide us with an original letter from the Home Office confirming that they fall into one of the groups listed, or a refugee residence permit. Nothing other than the original documentation will be accepted.
This documentation must be provided for every application.
Requests should be made to the relevant Administration Office of entry for the examination.