As chair of examiners you will need to ensure the smooth running of the exam and provide leadership during the exam.
Preparation for the day
- Please familiarise yourself with the eCPS and examiner list
- Read the 'no ID no entry' policy in the MRCP(UK) Regulations
- Take a look at the examiner omnibus
On the day
- Conduct the briefing meeting in the morning.The PowerPoint presentation to be used has essential information for examiners and should include the latest exam hot topics.
- Conduct post-cycle discussions where you ask examiners if they encountered any issues with the cases or candidates and note any incidents or issues on the centre audit form (UK only).
- Review candidate scores on the eCPS with all examiners and ensure discussion sheets are completed for candidates of concern in line with the MRCP(UK) guidance.
- Remind examiners to complete scenario assessment forms for Stations 2, 4 and 5 after cycles 2 and 3.
Ensure that the following documents are completed and sent back to the College:
- All eCPS documents for the exam day(s) – via email
- Centre audit form (UK only)
- Centre incident form for each examining day (UK only)
- Trainee examiner forms
- Station 2, 4 and 5 assessment forms
- International Chair’s report (International only).