As chair of examiners you will need, in conjunction with the host examiner, to ensure the smooth running of the examination and provide leadership during the examination.
Preparation for the day
- Please familiarise yourself with the eCPS and examiner list (sent to you on the day)
- Read the 'no ID no entry' policy in the MRCP(UK) Regulations
- Take a look at the examiner omnibus, especially the checklists and trouble shooting information on pages 41–45.
On the day
1. Conduct the briefing meeting in the morning. A slide pack to assist the Chair includes:
- Essential information for examiners
- Please include the latest exam hot topics.
2. Conduct post-cycle discussions where you:
- Ask examiners if they encountered any issues with the cases or candidates
- Keep note of any incidents or issues to be logged on the centre audit form
- Review candidate scores on the eCPS with all examiners
- Ensure discussion sheets are completed for candidates of concern in line with the MRCP(UK) guidance
- Remind examiners to complete scenario assessment forms for Stations 2, 4 and 5 after cycles 2 and 3.
3. Ensure that the following documents are completed and sent back to the College:
- All eCPS documents for the exam day(s) – via email
- Centre audit form
- Centre incident form for each examining day
- Trainee examiner forms
- Station 2, 4 and 5 assessment forms
- For international centres, you will also need to complete a Chair’s report.