Examiners play a very important part in the running of the MRCP(UK) and Specialty Certificate Examinations (SCEs). This section provides information for Examiners – members of all MRCP(UK) boards and committees, members of the MRCP(UK) and SCE question-writing groups, members of the scenario writing group, PACES Examiners, Host Examiners/Registrars, Chair of Examiners, 11th Examiners and Trainee Examiners.
An Examiner is defined as:
- Anyone involved in question writing for the MRCP(UK) and SCE Examinations (e.g. Specialty Question Groups).
- Full and co-opted members of the MRCP(UK) Part 1, Part 2 and SCE Examining Boards and the MRCP(UK) Clinical Examining Board.
- Members of the MRCP(UK) Part 1, Part 2 and SCE Standard Setting Groups.
- Members of the panel of examiners for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES).
- Full and co-opted members of the MRCP(UK) Management Board and associated advisory committees.