Frequently Asked Questions
Examiners play a very important part in the running of the MRCP(UK) and Specialty Certificate Examinations (SCEs). This section provides information for Examiners - members of all MRCP(UK) boards and committees, members of the MRCP(UK) and SCE question-writing groups, PACES Examiners, Host Examiners/Registrars, Chair of Examiners, 11th Examiners and Trainee Examiners.
An Examiner is defined as:
- Anyone involved in question writing for the MRCP(UK) and SCE Examinations (e.g. Specialty Question Groups).
- Full and co-opted members of the MRCP(UK) Part 1, Part 2 and SCE Examining Boards and the MRCP(UK) Clinical Examining Board.
- Members of the MRCP(UK) Part 1, Part 2 and SCE Standard Setting Groups.
- Members of the panel of examiners for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES).
- Full and co-opted members of the MRCP(UK) Management Board and associated advisory committees.
MRCP(UK) and Specialty Certificate Examining Boards and Committees - Remit and Responsibilities
A clearly stated set of responsibilities, membership, time commitment and performance review is defined for each MRCP(UK) board, committee and a new appointee of these groups. For more details please read the Remit and Responsibilities document:
Remit and Responsibilities